Tuesday, February 28, 2006

MISS SELF-ESTEEM

I dearly would love to be in my bed right now but I have to get this off my chest. Bed can wait...

Yesterday, Britney Spears graced Lousiana with her presence. She hooked up with four teen-aged girls who lost everything to Katrina. She treated them to a shopping trip, lunch (fried chicken!) and a token fleur de lis ribbon pin as a souvenir of their fun day together. I won't go into each individual girl's story of the devastation of their respective homes or how their lives have changed in these few past months. I'm sure you can imagine. But what I want to know is this... What the hell kind of ego thinks that "Ooooh, a day with me will make up for all the loss and pain that these po' South'n gals have had to withstand since that nasty ol' hurricane demolished their very lives." Give me a fuckin' break. Excuse my French, I'm fired up.

I will tell you what kind of thinking we're talking here. The same kind that would admit on national television that she, indeed, likes Walmart.

Say your prayers people, the World is coming to an end.

That's all I have to say aboot that...

A maudlin day in the world; we lost Don Knotts, Darren McGavin and Dennis Weaver. This is a bad week to be in your eighties with a first name that begins with a D.
That was a dumb thing to say, I need slepp maybe. Or more likely, sleep.

"Egotism - usually just a case of mistaken non-entity." - Barbara Stanwyck

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate Britney, I do...but I agree with Chris that it was a nice thing to do, though I'm sure it was only to make herself look better during a time when she couldn't possibly look worse. What scares the shit out of me is that she considers herself to be a role model (and is) for young girls.

12:35 PM EST  
Blogger ... said...

I don't think it was a nice thing to do at all. The only reason it was done was for publicity...she should have donated the money anonymously if she wanted to do a good thing.

3:59 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please know that your friends miss you!

9:43 PM EST  
Blogger libertine di homo said...

In theory, Britney's intent is laudable - but in reality?...

It's a nice publicity stunt to keep her in the spotlight.

If this had really been so important to her (especially since she has made such a show of being a "Good Ol' Southern Gal") - she would have made such a gesture months ago when Katrina first struck.

Crikey! What a cynic I am!

12:48 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the self importance of celebrities really bothers me. What would Britney be doing if not shaking her ass on stage?

Nothing.

gar....
Pamalamadingdong

10:55 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home