Thursday, February 23, 2006

FIRST GLIMMER

Would like to get this out of the way RIGHT away... Tammy has revealed an interest in where my first sexual encounter took place. The answer is: At a Holiday Inn.
Thank you Tammy, for the opportunity to answer your question... I sincerely hope that I have satisfied your curiosity. ;-)

I'm so excited. I have been tagged for the very first time in my short, but extremely gratifying Blog-areer. Thank you Simon for making me feel all important-like.
I also just attempted to insert a link to your site. If it was successful, I will be outre happy and will be able to sleep like a baby until I have to get up later and go back to work. If the link didn't work, Readers, please go see Simon at Simian Farmer on my Blogroll. His writing is amazing and wonderful.

1: Black and White or Colour; how do you prefer your movies? Totally depends on the movie. Sometimes b/w sets a mood, ie. Young Frankenstein, Psycho,(most Hitchcock flicks). Mixing the two disturbs me (Wizard of Oz) sometimes, but not always (Schindler's List). Really doesn't concern me enough to be an issue. Good (or bad) entertainment is just that. Don't even ask me if I prefer subtitles to not... As for colorization, why mess? It's like changing ketchup to green; some things you just don't mess with.

2: What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death? Politics. It bores me to a degree of unconsciousness that is so disabling that I can't even grasp what they are or how they work or why we have them. I might add that it takes a lot to bore me.

3: MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favourite medium for prerecorded music? Oh God, does this issue involving my rusting iPod have to keep haunting me??? Were it not for my techno-issues, that would be my answer. That aside, cds I believe are the greatest invention of all time, sound-wise.

4: You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going ... Ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run? Absolutely, definitively, no. What fun would that be without friends and family? I would however, settle for half the dough and be able to tell one (loose-lipped) person...

5: Seriously, what do you consider the world's most pressing issue now? Humanity's pre-occupation with materialism as opposed to what is real and important. There is a pervasive belief that everything is disposable and replaceable. Everthing is neither. Our priorities are FUBAR.

6: How would you rectify the world's most pressing issue?
Um, someone needs to pull out from under us the sand that we spend all our time burying our heads in. We need to spend more time providing necessities to those without and less time amassing senseless possessions that we neither need nor can afford.

7: You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be? This may sound extremely shallow, but I'm being very honest. I would have asked for braces on my teeth growing up. The self-consciousness about my appearance influenced my every act in my teens and early adulthood. Had I been more confident, I think every facet of my life would have turned out more to my liking. At this point in my life, it is not such an issue but I hate that it took most of my life to learn to accept and move on.

8: You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be? The first act of slavery of any kind.

9: A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole' Opry -- Which do you choose?
Wow, this is a tough one. I wouldn't even want to spend a night at a soap opera. But if I HAVE to pick, I guess it would be the Grand Ole Opry, provided it was back in the "grand" days, certainly not now.

10: What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you'd like to solve?
How Dubya got hisself a second term in the White House. Period.

11: One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal? Truman Capote. We'd dine on pretty little cucumber and watercress finger-sandwiches with the crusts removed, a bit of liver pate' on rye crackers, a nice creme brulee' with a carafe of something moderately inebriating.

12: You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky -- what's the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact? Actually, I agree with John. Consequently I live my daily life immorally from beginning to end. I've been celebrating for decades. I've just gotten so good at it that everyone thinks I'm a model citizen...

3 Comments:

Blogger Shooter said...

Great answers to all of those questions. And to 10, Amen!

5:45 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was only trying to build you some traffic, I figured you would delete me!
Thank God for your answer to #8! Great minds think alike!
Miss you!

9:03 PM EST  
Blogger ... said...

I love your answers...only thing I would want to know is how Dubya got the first term....as well.

4:35 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home