Monday, January 02, 2006

WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY

... has been my theme song for the past couple of days. And why not? Because I deserve it. I have not had a break like this since about June of 2005. I work my (newly spreading) ass off to bring home the bacon (is it time to eat yet?) and take care of a house (ok, somewhat) and my marital responsibilities (to file a complaint, dial 1-800-doiturself). I just spent about a month preparing for the Holiday, running here and there, pushing myself to my limit; mentally and physically. I need a break. So that's what I'm doing. And today is the end of it so I am going to squeeze every single drop of fun and relaxation out of what's left of Monday.
I did do some "work" today. Thought I better launder some of my "fat jeans" in case everything I've eaten for the past two days (or ten) decides to wage war on my hips at 5 am tomorrow. I have yet to step on the scales since my doctor appointment when I found out that I had gained one pound for every day I had not smoked. Let's see, this is day...Seven. Only seven? Feels like at least nineteen. Have only had jammie pants on for two days. Ummm, comfy.
I haven't even put contacts in for the past two days. Just in case I feel an impromptu nap coming on. That would explain why I just forgot I had them in and rubbed my eye too hard. They say it's not possible to "lose" a contact up in your head. I don't believe that for a minute. I think I just did... BRB.
It's up in my head somewhere and it hurts like hell. Maybe if I forget about it it will migrate southward and I'll be able to see out of that eye once more.
I bought a Photography book the other day with my bookstore giftcard (Thank you Michael!) that is awesome. If I knew how to do links I could share it with you. Anyway there's this photographer named Man Ray. Maybe you've heard of him. He has died, not sure when, his latest work that I've found is dated 1993. He began taking pictures in 1915 but before that was a sculptor and painter. He studied in New York and Paris. If you've ever seen the photograph of the nude woman sitting with her back to the camera, resembling a cello, that is his. Not nearly his greatest work in my opinion but maybe his most recognized.
No news to report on the contact.
Here it is, Day Two into the new year. Help me out here, I'm trying to remember the Seven Deadly Sins. I can only name a couple but I'm pretty dam sure I've commited several already. I've just lolled around for two days (Sloth?) and eaten every crumb of food that will fit into my mouth (Gluttony.) I'm sure I'm going to hell. Well-relaxed, wearing my fat-jeans and with a smile on my face...
STHTTMMS: Simon's Haiku post for today
GSL: "Everybody's talking at me/ I can't hear a word they're saying/ Only the echoes of my mind." That right? Is it Harry Nilsson? Or Nillson? Or Schmillsson?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to sit around in my jammy pants all weekend but my wife said that wouldn't fly well at church.

3:31 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, three things:

1. What the heck are those acronyms at the end of most of your posts? I think 'GSL' is Good Song lyric, but that other had me stymied.

2. Thanks for the kudos on the haiku. Link to the post in question is RIGHT HERE.

3. Se7en Deadly Sins:
Pride
Envy
Sloth
Gluttony
Wrath
Lust
Greed

4:21 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too tried to stretch today out since it is the "last"! I relaxed & watched a movie, "A love song for Bobby Long", while folding a basket of laundry that has been sitting in my living room.
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow- hope the contact reappears & Congrats on the No smoking! You could stand to gain a few lbs!

4:25 PM EST  
Blogger Jaco said...

You're being way too hard on yourself. 7 deadly sins? Really? Did you see that movie? Hope Tuesday's a lighter day. It's great that you got through the holidays without the smokes. How are you feeling?

10:13 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home