Saturday, December 31, 2005

FINAL HURRAH

It is officially the last day of 2005. If the rest of my years fly by as quick as this one has, I'll actually be able to watch the wrinkles on my face forming as I'm putting the lid back on my moisturizer. SLOW DOWN. I have too much to do here.

As I look back on 2005, for the most part, it has been a relatively good year. I had some health problems that were kind of scary from June through September which took a pretty big chunk out of an otherwise enjoyable summer. Turned out to be nothing serious though, so that was a good thing. My granddaughter was born in the Spring which caused everything to come up roses and was the best thing to happen this year. I have made some wonderful friends, at work and here. I think I'm actually beginning to appreciate the concept of maturity- it seems to be giving me opportunites to grow and test the proverbial waters in some new areas. I have grown more comfortable with me, more forgiving (of myself) and have learned that just relaxing and enjoying the moment is the best way to be for me. Quitting smoking is an accomplishment that I'm proud of and that makes me respect me more. My job has taken some interesting turns, some expected, some not. But I will do what is expected of me and if it works out, fine. If not I will look at other options. I have found other ways, outside of my job, to find enjoyment and contentment. If I can find that at work also, that would be great. This year I have learned some valuable lessons. Lessons about relying on yourself ultimately, lessons about appreciating what you have and how quickly that can change and that material things are just that. I have learned not to put all of your eggs in one basket. If something seems too good, it probly isn't true. I guess some things became cliches for a reason, I just never took too many of them seriously.
In the year to come, I plan to: Exercise (dance) more. Eat a little more healthy. Learn to say "no" once in awhile, kindly. Spend more time doing fun things. Saving more, spending less. Learn to operate a simple ipOd. Grow older gracefullier. Learn to use bullets, which would have come in real handy right about a minute ago.
STHTTMMS: Visiting a friend today in the neighborhood where I lived when my kids were
tiny, I drove past our old house. The hill behind it was covered in snow. I remembered bundling the kids up in snowsuits and boots and hats and gloves and scarves to take them out in the snow. Little kids are so cute with their cheeks and noses all red and their eyes and smiles so shiny! We always had hot cocoa when we would go in afterward to get warm.
GSL: Fought off temptation to cite Auld Lang Syne, just about my least favorite song ever. Not to mention Copa Cabana, Tie a Yellow Ribbon, I Touch Myself and a few others...
Have a Happy, Healthy New Year full of Love and Good Surprises :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

Happy New Year!!!

Love ya lots!

1:50 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home