Tuesday, February 06, 2007

IF THAT JUST ISN'T A FINE HOWDY DO...

I contend that if I am a Blogger user, not by choice but by sheer ignorance, I am allowed to bitch and complain aboot Blogger. Twice recently I couldn't access my dashboard because I chose not to "up"grade to the new Blogger. Both times I had something wonderful and brilliant to share. Last evening was one of those times. I feel like when I can get on here I should hurry and tell you every single thing I ever thought of saying just in case it's my last ever post. Kind of like if someone said to me, "If today was your last day on Earth, what would you say to all your blog friends?" No pressure there. No anxiety there. So just a warning, if I should disappear off the face of the Webosphere, blame Blogger.

Not everything new is necessarily better. I've read lots of complaints aboot the New Blogger. I have a hard enough time maneuvering around here, as simple as it is and as long as I've been using this. I don't want or need any new headaches. At least I'm comfortable here. It's not even that I don't like change. I would LOVE to have a pretty, original blog that was like no one has ever seen. Maybe someday I will. But I hate relying on other people to answer questions for me and dig and bail me out of the fixes in which I'm eternally finding myself. I don't have time for that. I barely have time to get a post out here every couple of days.

Ok so I'm finished complaining. Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case a few days go by and you don't see me here. At least you won't worry that I succumbed to the pressures of entertaining and antagonizing all you youngsters.

For avoidance or a chuckle, go here.

*******************************************

10 Comments:

Blogger 2complx said...

Blogger woes I feel your pain. I upgraded when it was first offered. I hated it at first because it was broke but know all the bugs are out(lol). I like it much better.
Maybe you can use google docs to post.

5:28 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

TC: Google has doctors??? Wow.

Simon: Don't sound so torn up over the impending demise of my beloved blog...
If you'll have me. ;-) (get it?)

8:24 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on, upgrade! You know you want to, and all the cool kids are doing it! ;-)

12:52 AM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

I upgraded just to see what it would do (I don't use my Blogger blog, just my account for commenting). It seemed to offer some better choices and the interface was pretty good.

Now, switch so it's easier for us to sign in with our Google account (because when we went beta, it merged with our Blogger account and now commenting on old-style Blogger blogs is a pain).

Blogger blogs. I had to say it one more time.

1:25 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Jeff: I never was one to follow the crowd... but you knew that, right?

Mark: Thanks for telling me that it's a pain in the ass to comment on my blog. I needed that. One more thing to feel guilty about. That might be the clincher to put me over the edge. The upgrade edge that is...

6:12 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you.

I hardly ever mess with my blog, except to post a couple of times a week. The thought of potential problems is enough to keep me from experimenting.

Cas

10:06 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Cas: Thanks for understanding. I feel like a dinosaur...

4:15 PM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Odd. I posted a comment ealier today in which I moaned about my own fear of upgrading. But Blogger seems to have eaten it. So now it's making content specific decisions about which comments to loose? Spooky.

4:45 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mo'shaG: That happens to me, not frequently but nonetheless. BIT -
Blogger Intimidation Tactics. We're innocent victims, guilty only of indifference/ignorance/improper organizational skills and whatever else they can hang on us. You think its a set-up? Have we been framed ?!

5:44 PM EST  
Blogger Jeff A said...

See Linda, even I have a new blogger account. Join us Linda join us! ;-)

11:15 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home