Sunday, February 04, 2007

NOW THAT WE ALL AGREE...

If I did nothing else this past week, I've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are all just a little shy of acting our age. Okay, a lot shy. But it was rilly rilly fun reading all the quirky things we do. And amazing that so many of us have the same weirdnesses.

I have to say that my state of mind is in a much better state than a week ago. I'm still questioning and exploring some things but I feel I should thank you all for your wonderful insights and encouragement. It never ceases to amaze me how you are there for me when I need to talk or rant or laugh or cry or whatever. I feel so very fortunate to have the friends I do here. I hope I'm always there for you as you have been for me.

I stole this link from another blog but I want you to see these pictures. It is a slide show of only like 9 photographs but they are some serious kick-ass photos. Please check it out, it only takes a minute. Awesome.

I've had a very enjoyable weekend. Stayed in as much as possible as I am not a big fan of single digit temperatures. But I did venture out today and was amazed at the lack of common sense people display when dressing for cold weather. I don't get it. I had on boots, a longer coat, hat, mittens and a scarf. I passed people wearing zip-up hoodies without the zips up. That's not such a big deal but I want to slap people who drag toddlers out in weather like this and don't put hats or gloves on them.

Guess my Sunday evening crankiness is setting in. I rue the end of a weekend. Especially a good one. How did you spend yours? No need to go into a whole lot of detail, Simon. ;-)

{A couple of people have inquired lately aboot my artwork. I put a few pics of some things I have done in my top Flickr box if anyone is interested. I apologize for the presentation. I laid my portfolio on a pile of laundry and just took some pictures. My bad.}

*****************************************

7 Comments:

Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Very cool art, Linda...on both links. The art site you linked to is amazing. Great shots backed by great photoshop skills...I'm jealous. I liked your stuff as well. I was particularly impressed with the glass rabbit. I've seen art students beat their heads against the challenge of glass, and you did it well. Again...I'm jealous.

What did I do with my weekend? If you really want to know...

Yesterday we did some running and shopping. I spent Christmas gift cards on music and added a stunning 4 cds to my collection (more cds that I've added in months!). Got the new Norah Jones, the new ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead, the new Decemberists, and a 2-disc live set from My Morning Jacket. I'm happy with every one of them.

Today we spent our time swapping Norah's room and our guest bedroom. It suddenly occured to us that we had a large room sitting empty waiting for guests while Norah's little room burst at the seams. The news balance is much, much better.

Also, I'm glad you're feeling better.

10:30 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mo'shaG: Glad you agreed w/me. I'm jealous too. And thanks for the compliment on my work. Glass is rather difficult but I love challenges. I did an owl also, but like the bunny better.
Of course I wanted to know what you did with your weekend, I was speaking specifically to You. ;-)
Great music choices. I'm not a big NJ fan, but I've honestly not given her a chance. The D-ists, I'm still on the fence. But MMJ, I LOVE THEM. Funny, I was just listening to TOD on Friday at work, Elena's Tomb.
I love to change rooms, it's almost as fun as changing houses but not nearly as much work. Norah will be happy as a pumpkin.

11:07 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Fab: Thanks Sweetie, how nice of you to say so.

Simon: I meant technical pen, did I type pencil? You do know what a technical pen is, right? I love love love stippling, or should I say I love the finished product. I did an Orangutan and a few others in stipple. A pic of Madonna I think. I didn't watch the game either. (surprise!) Hope you enjoyed your date night.

6:36 PM EST  
Blogger angelaenvy said...

Your artwork is really amazing. I wanted to see some of it before, and i'm really glad you posted some pictures....you should post some more!

8:11 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Angie: Thanks! I value your opinion, we always seem to agree ;-) When I get time, I will post more. Hopefully before too long I will have something current to share.

10:02 PM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

The stippling is great. The bunny blew me away (cool, gonna have to use that as a line for a character some day.)

Let's see... went to Greek restaurant Friday night with in-laws for MIL's birthday. The stuffed grape leaves were incredible. Hung out with A and his son, A, on Saturday night while A's wife went out with Shannon. Confusing? F*ckin' A! Sunday, hung out with Ben while Shannon went to baby shower, then dropped him at in-laws' place before heading to a football party (can't call it what it was, for fear of retribution from the No Fun League). Nobody really payed attention to the game, but locked on when Prince hit the stage. Just awesome.

Does anyone know what a technical penis? I mean, pen is?

12:27 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mark: F*ckin' A! LOL
I missed Prince? :-(
Glad you like my bunny.
Funny you brought up the pen... just last night I was thinking how the Sean Connery/Alex Trebeck SNL Jeopardy is just about the funniest comedy routine ever. I have it on cd, think I'll take that to work with me today. anal bum cover... hee hee hee
The penIS mightier, you know ;-)

6:19 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home