Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'M GONNA DREAD THE SEARCH STRINGS...

When tooners tagged me to post my purse contents, I wasn't imagining I would generate so much interest in my "stuff". What's ironic aboot the whole thing is that when I started working the night shift, it quickly became evident that I was lugging the thing (purse) to and from work every night for absolutely no reason. So I kind of retired it. Hence the expired "free panty card" from Victoria's Secret courtesy JuJu. She had a bunch and decided to treat me. Well, I forgot aboot it so, as it stands, all my underwear is bought and paid for... Jeff A. was jealous he didn't get any free panties, either. I swear, if it wasn't expired, I'd send it to you... With the surgery coming up and all, you deserve to lay around and recuperate in free panties... Oh. And the Altoids seem to have congealed into one rather yummy-smelling clump of raspberry goo :-(

When I started dumping stuff, I found all kinds of stuff I haven't seen in awhile. Adrienne, you are very observant to notice that Waldenbooks is no more. That card was probly expired way before I stopped carrying my purse. Not a big deal really, since I haven't had time to freakin' read at all since I started this shift. And what you thought was a thimble, was a cork from a wine bottle. I need to get a better camera.

Mark wonders why I carry (carried?) a microcassette recorder. Because, Mark, recorded on it is a precious and lengthy message from my grandson congratulating me for stopping smoking last Christmas. The intention was that I would listen to his recording when I would feel the urge for a cigarette. Initially, it worked pretty well... After aboot 2 1/2 months, though, I started back up again, unfecking-ortunately. He does not know that. I have not had the nerve to listen to it in awhile. If I should ever have the need to feel unbelievably guilty for some reason, I will then. And I assure you, it will do the trick. I wish I knew how to post audio clips, I would share it.

The cell phone and the iPod however, have not been in my purse all this time. They were retrieved from my coat pocket for the sake of the photo, for they travel with me always. Along with my MAC card and my driver's license. (...you didn't think you were going to get a look at that did you??? Oooooh nooooo.)

I remember making the comment on tooners purse post that a person's "stuff" can reveal a lot aboot that person. What does this reveal aboot me? Number one, (and Poopy will whole-heartedly agree with this...) I hang on to too much shit. Number two, if I have been able to survive without all this stuff all this time, what was I doing lugging it all over creation in the first place???

******************************************************
PS For some odd reason, my post printed without paragraph separations. Being that I harbor an inimitable terror of html, for as difficult as this was to read, I apologize. But it's stayin' as is...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I carry a sling pack. Mostly cause if I carry a purse I get beat up by my co-workers.
In it I carry a camera, two journals, my date book, a Bible, a random book, and some Kool-Aid singles!

11:01 AM EDT  
Blogger ... said...

I don't carry a purse but sometimes a backpack and if I ever tried to post a picture of its contents it would take up several posts since I have a bunch of stuff in there "just for emergencies".

2:21 PM EDT  
Blogger Mark said...

I must confess that the things I carry in my laptop bag have me skirting on the edge of the purse-carrier canyon (whatever that is).

This happened the moment I started keeping lip balm in there.

That's neat to know about your grandson's congratulatory message, but I'm sorry you didn't stick with it. The women in my family have had a horrible time quitting that habit. My mom I think has just agreed with herself to chew Nicorette the rest of her life. Not suggesting you're anywhere near the age of my mother, of course, because you're not.

4:09 PM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

i have purses like yours. i have one that i carried to the states and i still havent cleaned it out. i looked thru it the other day and was amazed at what's in there.

i keep a lot of unnecessary stuff as well. papers that i dont need. i get a hair up my butt on some days and throw it all away. i wish i had that hair every day! ;)

2:47 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Si: I have a friend whose wallet is even less extravagant than yours, he just uses a plain old rubber band, the kind they bundle mail with. I try to give him a new one everytime I see him. It's a thoughtful yet thrifty (cheap)gift.
Jeff: Men who carry sling packs are very appealing... and mysterious. Unless of course they announce the contents on the Internet ;-)
Mishka: A good way to take care of a few posts... ;-) I will tell you one thing, it draws female readers out of the woodwork! (And lets you see a side of your male readers you don't often see, too)
Mark: You totally struck me as a Chapstick-kinda guy. So how old is your mom???
Tooners: I have a red purse that I love; it's small so it doesn't collect so much. But it doesn't go with everything...
AA: Thanks. I feel better. :-)

12:06 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home