Wednesday, September 20, 2006

GET THE MESSY STUFF OUT OF THE WAY

Let's get this over with...

It appears that, effective Monday - five (yes, ONLY five) days from today, I will be returning to the ranks of the normal people who work from the time they get up in the morning until sometime before they go to bed at night. Despite all the whining and complaining I've done these past 6 or 7 months, I cannot say that I am thrilled with this prospect. The reasons are varied and numerous. Do I want to get into them here in this forum? Ahhhhhh... I dunno.

Let me just say that I will truly, deeply miss having my morning coffee on the back porch with the birds and bees and the sunrise. Especially with the wonderful Fall days coming, I will hate being stuck at work and missing out. Not just stuck at work but in a roomful of chatty, gossipy, nosy, catty women. (Did I really type that? Uh-oh, the truth is coming out now!) And there will be management types lurking all over the place and pages blaring out over the PA all day and interruptions and having to deal with morning and afternoon traffic... parking... a crowded cafeteria... phones ringing... Oh gawd, I don't think I can do this !!!!!!!!!

And I would be a complete idiot to think that my sleeping patterns would just revert back to the way they are supposed to be. I'll be awake at one and four every morning eating sandwiches and pudding and fruit and granola bars and brownies and shit. That is, of course if I go to sleep long enough to wake up at those hours... Oh, and the coffee withdrawal. That should prove tres interesting... Poor Poopy, he's gonna have his hands full with me for the next few weeks.

Oh, did I forget to mention the one GOOD thing about working the day shift? Aside from losing the shift differential that I was getting used to on the old paycheck, I will be working R. O. T.
Translation: Required Over-Time. Do I like OT??? No, I do not. I HATE OVERTIME. Period. End of Story.

>>If this stupid entry comes up with no paragraph separations, I'm shooting my blog. << ************************************************

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Fire away, because there are no paragraphs breaks at all.

Sorry to hear you'll miss the mornings waking up hearing nature start its day. I've lived in a place like that and had a job that allowed that (when I worked at a newspaper, which opened at 10 a.m.). Tradeoff was late work hours (gotta make that deadline!).

Normal work hours bite hard. I tried once to eat lunch with a table full of people, and didn't like it. Then I tried with just one guy, and even he was a gossip. So, now I lunch alone with a book, and choose my friends outside the workplace.

Sorry again for your loss of the shift you liked.

10:04 AM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

i don't blame you at all!! like yourself, i can't stand the women at the office! they are just like the women at your office. i know what you mean about being able to get up, drink your coffee and enjoy the sounds of nature. it sounds wonderful and i feel sad that it'll be different for you.

i hate overtime too. been there, done that. i used to work for arthur andersen and it was required. i felt like a zombie most days. so many days we pulled all nighters... and life is too short and it's just not worth it!!

2:40 AM EDT  
Blogger ... said...

Paragraph breaks are there now...maybe it was just a glitch.

Sorry to hear you have to return to the land of the living during work hours. I haven't had a job in 6 years because of graduate school but this is my last class and I am dreading the day I have to work again...I love my time off, and it seems that I don't have enough time in the day as it is to get everything done, how will I accomplish even half with a job?

8:07 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mark: Condolences appreciated. :-)
Tooners: I think we are related ;-)
Mishka: Hi stranger... lucky you. Enjoy the time you have now, it will be precious later. Don't worry tho', you'll do what you have to.

11:56 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home