Monday, July 17, 2006

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES...
Great old David Bowie song that's stuck in my head right now. The reason being, that I had reason this morning (Thank you Feanor) to go back and dig in my archives to help me remember something I'd written "way back when". And something happened to me that I wasn't quite prepared for. My writing has changed. In a big way. I was laughing out loud at some of the things I'd written. And I think that I was insane those weeks when I initially stopped smoking. Really sarcastic. Maybe too wry. But what I'm wondering is this, have you noticed a change? And did you like me better before or now? I don't know, maybe the change was so gradual that you didn't even notice. I was way more intense. Maybe I was trying too hard and after I got regular readers, I slacked off. Or got more confident. Or maybe I'm just not funny anymore!!! (I'm reminded just now how I had to beg all of you to tell me that I was witty not so long ago. Mike B. was the only one who would back me up on that. Come to think of it, he agrees with everything I say... *wink* Love you, Man.)
So tell me, do I make you laugh anymore? Or cry? Or what? Maybe my life has just gotten so routine and predictable that I lost my flair. I'm depressed now. At least you can go back and read my archives. I'm stuck with How I Spent my Summer Vacation and 738 Annoying Things. Don't tell me I have to go back to posting Trivia questions.
******************************************************
438. When the only shameful thing you've ever done shows up first under a Google search of your name.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll never be able to please eveyone, write for yourself. Otherwise, you should be getting paid for it, no?

10:18 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing as Juju.

2:09 PM EDT  
Blogger FĂ«anor said...

I had a bit of a rut in June after my job was over, wondering how I'd maintain a reader base for a blog primarily dedicated to bitching about work... but my readers have kind of grown with me and I've been able to redefine a bit.

Thanks for the link. That's the first time I've been linked on here.

7:04 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only comment- you are SO changed! Beyond blogging- take a look at yourself!

9:21 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home