Thursday, December 14, 2006

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE

Nothing planned to write today, so I'll probly just end up rambling...

Good news to share and I'm knocking on wood as I type this- I am beginning to feel better every day. My ribs are just kind of sore now instead of the kind of pain I'd had. I can actually reach and bend without flinching and I'm, oh, so very glad. I still get worse at the end of the day but not nearly as bad. Thanks for all your thoughts and caring through this ordeal. PD is coming along too but sad to say, not as well as I am. The weather changes wreak havoc (Hi TC!) with his head and ears and he's still coughing. And sore. And grouchy. Very. (shhhhh... don't say I told.)

Started watching the second Pirates of the Carribean last night. Fell asleep. It was my own fault for neglecting writing Christmas cards. (Avoidance technique #86- rent dvd to watch.) Frankly, in the first half hour I was afraid I wasn't going to like it. I thought Johnny/Jack was overdoing the sashay thing a bit. But I got past that and was fine. I will finish it tonight instead of finishing cards.

When I came home today, PD was reading this. Thought you might be interested. Kinda trippy if you ask me. Imagine...

Okay, I'm going to watch the movie and eat dinner and see what else I can find to do. I might run off a few more copies of my Christmas letter and print a few pictures. I'll need them when I get around to finishing the cards. Don't you hate those incidental things that you have to do before you can do the main thing? In the words of the great Rose Ann Rosanndanna, "It's always somethin'. If it's not one thing, it's another..." I loved that woman.

.......................................................................................................

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am leaving on a trip in two days that will extend through Christmas. I just finished up one of two projects for school that are due before I leave and I still have about 20 cards to make and send before going as well. Oh, and then there is packing....haha.

So don't feel bad about the cards, you'll get them done. I was two seconds from just buying some today but made myself hold off...if worse comes to worse, I can buy some and fill them out on the road...but I am hoping to get the cards done tomorrow along with that second project for school.

This is Mishka by the way, since the new blogger won't let me comment as myself.

11:57 PM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

Yay! You're feeling better. So glad to hear it.

That "tallest man" story is weird but oddly touching.

I think it's funny to see Depp sell out to a sequel, a concept that his previous self would have decried.

Have I mentioned that I DO NOT recommend merging one's Gmail account with one's Blogger account? It sucks to high heaven, to put it bluntly and in the form of a cliche. (sorry, no French symbol on the "e" this time).

12:14 AM EST  
Blogger Buie said...

I saw II in theatres and enjoyed it.
But yea, 1st one was better i believe


Glad to hear you arent feelin AS poopy lately (Gram would destroy me for saying poopy)

12:27 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Si: Thanks and yep. Nor would I. Although he could see for miles and miles and that would be a definite advantage in that field...
I'm agreeing that Pirates II comes nowhere near I in more ways than one. But there were a couple of great scenes.

6:32 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

First...I'm glad you're feeling better.

Secondly, while the tallest man story is very cool and I'm very happy for the dolphins, I couldn't help but picture it as if in a David Lynch film. Tall Man strolls in, reaches into the dolphin's thought, pulls out plastic, crowd cheers, Tall Man strolls back off screen. All very surreal

And finally, I liked PotC2. I may be alone in this room, but I had just about as much fun with it as the original. And as for Depp selling out...it's a movie based on a Disney ride...it's not as if a sequel has hurt the artistic integrity of the original ;) Now, an Edward Scissorhands 2 would be a sellout. But I think a trilogy here is perfectly in keeping with the theme.

Word Verification: Buubz - A new clothing line for teenage mall girls who want to immulate Brittney Spears.

10:32 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

MARK: Thanks. I told the story of the tall man at work today and said "shark" instead of dolphin and caused quite a discussion...
MISHKA: I used to make my cards, they were great and appreciated by all. I only wish I had that kind of time these days. Have a great trip and a Happy Christmas!

6:03 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

BUIE: I would have liked to have seen that big round cage thing on the big screen, as well as the water wheel. Those fish creatures were creepy, esp. D.Jones. That hammerhead guy was disturbing.

6:06 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mokker: Thanks.
Surreal. Yes, that would be the word.
There sometimes is a thin line between Movies I Want to Own and Movies I Don't. We own the first but I don't think I need to see this pt 2 again. Like I said, there were some really great effects but for me, the characters were more impressive in 1. I'm glad you liked it tho!
WV- LOL
Going to go check my sitemeter now... ;-)

6:12 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home