Friday, July 28, 2006

HAIR TODAY GONE TODAY
Crazy, busy morning. Poopy to chiropractor. Poopy and me to drugstore, haircut place. I got a trim. Poopy got the Full Monty. I mean, a buzz. The man has only fuzz on his head. When I met him, he had a wonderful head of hair. By the time we got engaged, he had a ponytail. Still wonderful. That came off and I kept him in haircuts for years. Aboot 3 years ago, he decided he wanted to sport a very short do. Conservative and cool in the sense that it didn't make him sweat in the summer and didn't keep him warm in the winter. I could live with it. Only thing, he'd have to get that cut elsewhere. I'm terrified of clippers. Or rather, the end result of a mishap with said clippers. I don't want something of that magnitude on my fragile conscience, thanks anyway. So everytime I would take him for a haircut he would joke to the hairdresser "Shave it off." I never laughed. Not once. I was of the school of thought that if I didn't raise too much of a fuss, he would tire of the game. Silly, stupid, me.
Once again, today came the pronouncement. "Shave it off." As always, haircut lady looked at me for reassurance/horror/whatever. I thought to myself, you know what, the man has been feeling like crap lately. Absolute crap. If he wants his scalp hanging out all over the place, so be it. I said as much. But I wasn't going to watch. I turned as far away as I could and listened to the buzzing of the clippers. When I got my nerve up I looked underneath the swivelly chair and saw huge clumps of hair collecting there on the floor. Too late to turn back now. My eyes travelled upward and I saw this beautiful man sitting in a chair with minimal hair and a big grin.
It's really not that bad. Not bad at all. A happy man is a sight to behold.
Cost of Buzz cut- $5.00 (Really!)
The Resulting Smile- Pricele$$
********************************************************

5 Comments:

Blogger FĂ«anor said...

As far as buzz cuts... better him than you!

6:25 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see! You'll get used to it quickly.

8:35 AM EDT  
Blogger 2complx said...

I had long hair and had a similar cut the other day. A couple of times I BUZZED it off and the wife, then girl friend, could only say, "what have you done?"

11:44 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

F'nor: Don't think I haven't considered it. But that would not be cool.
Ju: I kind of am but every once in awhile it scares me...
TC: Trying to picture you with long hair... trying hard.

1:31 PM EDT  
Blogger 2complx said...

It is actually under the hat in my picture. I will find some pics

9:58 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home