Thursday, July 27, 2006

BITZEN PIECES
FYI: For all you fans of Leonard Cohen who might not know this- New release out this week, a soundtrack, I'm Your Man. Mike, I lied, I tole you I'd check him out. Haven't gotten around to it... Will, one of these days.
Limes, I noticed on your blog profile that you're a Tom Petty fan. His Highway Companion is out this week. The reviews I read sound decent. I read HARP Magazine, the one I bought last week features him on the cover. I haven't read it yet.
And Brad! Paul Weller's Catch Flame is out. I will definitely give that a listen.
Apologies if you'ns already knew all this. Chances are you all knew before I did. I seem to always be a step or two behind my readers. Am used to it. My own fault for writing "up". (Get it???)
I must be nuts. Yesterday I had cashews for breakfast. Today I'm having smoked almonds.
Last night I listened to Death Cab for Cutie all night at work. Must have been all I needed to get me outta the "slump" I was in yesterday. Feeling way better today. This was kind of funny- there's a new guy at work, Jeff. He's probly 20, if that. He was wearing a Huked on Fonix shirt... He was looking at my pile of cds and said, "Hmmn. Death Cab for Cutie? Didn't think you'd be into them." I'll see what I can surprise him with tonight... Maybe I can borrow some Marilyn Manson.
I'm nearly at the end of The Alchemist. It hasn't changed my life yet, but is giving me some thinking material. I kind of got distracted and picked up Sun Signs and am brushing up on my Astrology.
I'm excited to report that, soon I will be welcoming my good friend Dana back to PA from VA. Being that she'll be much closer, we can enjoy the Replacements and Mitch Hedberg in person instead of via emails. She's got really good taste in entertainment. ;-) Although it's a bit beyond me why one would move back to PA after living in VA... (kidding! sorta...) Will be great to see you!
JuJuBee is finding out her baby-to-be's gender today. They're keeping it secret though, until the baby is born in November. I'm taking bets it slips... That reminds me, yesterday Ju informed me that my second Flickr badge shows up in Internet Explorer but not Firefox. Hmmn...
Off to bed. Y'all have a good day for me.
***************************************************
58. The momentary frenzy that ensues the instant that a cashier calls out, "This register is now open."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see the problem on that second flickr badge. For some reason the end tag of it is messed up. I will email you the details!

11:12 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Si: You really should. It really is. I recommend seeing him on dvd also.
Jeff: Thanks so much Buddy, will take care of that soon.

9:08 PM EDT  
Blogger Bill said...

You've got to give Tom Petty some credit. I think he's been in the 'biz' for 30+ years and is still going strong. I don't think I could keep up with him for a weekend.

Thanks for the news on his new work.

7:09 AM EDT  
Blogger FĂ«anor said...

Too bad you can't enjoy Mitch Hedberg in person, anymore. My brother used to play that all the time when he lived with me and it's pretty funny.

1:37 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home