Monday, July 24, 2006

I'M IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN.
Aboot 20 songs worth. Don't know if I mentioned it or not but a Replacement's Best of was released last week or so. Was I excited? Do I ever get excited? You know the answer to that if you're reading this. "Do You Know Who I Think I Was" is 20 :-) songs worth of smiling. There are even aboot 4 songs from their early punky days that I'd never heard because I'm not really into their punky stuff. The first four songs are okay and then from there they get progressively better. It's almost as if the songs appear in order of my preference. Did I say that right? What I mean is that I like and love each song a little more in the order they play. I still said it wrong, but it's a great cd. Endorphinistically, (and by that I'm assuming that you are like me in the sense that, when I'm listening to good music, my brain secretes pleasure chemicals) this cd builds to a virtual orgasmical crescendo by the last song. I'll have to research a bit but they may be in chronological order. It seems that each song is a little more polished and better- executed. My favorites are on there with the exception of One Wink at a Time, Sixteen Blue and a couple others. The two previously unreleased tracks, Message to the Boys and Pool& Dive are way cool.
I forgot, just a little, how much I love these guys. I'm not going to try to sell you on them. I gave that up awhile back when I realized that few of my friends have really good taste in music. Just Kidding! I swear.
After the awkwardness of that first paragraph, any delusions I'd had aboot a career as a music critic/reviewer went out the window. I'll keep my night job.
****************************************************
161. A sneeze that lingers in your nose, and then absorbs into your forehead.

6 Comments:

Blogger FĂ«anor said...

You'll keep your night job... that's funny.

I'm kind of digging "Takin a Ride." I don't know if that's good or bad since it's the first song, but that's as far as I've gotten on the disc. They've got a lot of music on Rhapsody.

9:22 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

F'nor: If you end up liking the 'Mats, I'll... I don't know what I'll do. I won't know how to act.
Simon: LOL

6:52 PM EDT  
Blogger 2complx said...

Punk Rock. Nice. listened to most of it.

7:37 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

TC: You can have the punky stuff and I'll take the rest. Deal?

8:22 PM EDT  
Blogger Bill said...

Music can be so powerful. I find myself more aligned with individual songs, as opposed to individual artists.

I was playing a Buffet song 'Pirate Looks at Forty' (probably my favorite song of all time) at a gig on my 30th birthday and remember thinking, at the time, of how my perceptions of the song would change over the next decade. I still think about it probably twice a month.

I've enjoyed corresponding with Rudy. One beautiful aspect of this internet is that it can bring people of different perspectives together for discussions in the arena of ideas. Thank you for facilitating our meeting.

12:14 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Lime: Music makes for a wonderful backdrop for so many of life's special times. And it's cool how we associate certain songs with what was happening at certain times and stages of our lives.
Ruby is a beautiful, talented guy and I would love to say I was the "instigator" of a great friendship.

6:49 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home