Tuesday, September 26, 2006

WHATEVER IT TAKES

I was having a conversation with a friend today. I can never remember my cell phone number. Said friend sent me this site after I confessed that I had to make words out of my phone number since I couldn't remember it. The words don't really make sense and there is a number 1 in the number which has no corresponding letters on the keypad. But if I have to call myself or give the number to someone, at least I can. Here is a site that will do that for you. If I had known such a thing existed, I could have saved myself a nice chunk of time...

I must tell you that the daylight working hours have not been as bad as I expected they might. There are only aboot 15 or so people working in the new area, not counting supervisors and engineers that wander in and out all day. So it's not terribly crazy or noisy. If I could get past the debilitating fatigue that hit me yesterday at 11am and today at 10am, it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe tomorrow it will hit me at 9 and then 8 and in a couple of weeks, it will hit me at bedtime like it's supposed to... Anyway, I didn't want you all losing sleep over me losing sleep.

I was thrilled reading comments to yesterdays post to find out that Mark actually knew who Paul Westerberg is. That just tickles me to no end. And Jeff A. liked the song. :-)))))

I had lots more to say, but I am so freakin' tired. I am going to go take a nap.

******************************************************

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess my cell number sucks...no words that make any sense at all.

8:39 AM EDT  
Blogger Mark said...

Nobody else sees that the site is run by Linda and she's just harvesting mobile phone numbers. Gah.

;-)

All's I'm sayin' is one never knows.

Taken from someone perfectly content to spray his personal life all over the Internet, it ain't much.

9:20 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SIMON: You got that right... So your number is 6684164??? (NOTH1NG)
I won't tell anyone.
JU: Mine doesn't make sense but I can remember it...
MARK: Ssshhh. Don't tell ;-) I'll call you later... You make me laugh. Thanks for that...

4:09 PM EDT  
Blogger Fëanor said...

I had to do some weird thing like that to remember my social security number... it was odd that I didn't need one to remember my wife's.

I know who Paul Westerberg is, too. He was on the Singles soundtrack, I believe... it was the song that I always skipped. :(

5:02 PM EDT  
Blogger 2complx said...

my old office phone was 878-TACO which ironically is my favorite food. Everyone at my old work got a laugh out of it. I soon became taco man

12:34 PM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

i'm so bad at remembering things. mine's birthdays... can't remember them to save my life.

9:46 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

FEANOR: Hi Man, how the heck are you? You just ain't listening to the right tunes... :-Þ
TACO MAN: It's good to see your face!!! :-)
TOONERS: I haven't sent a card on time for 7 months; which, coincidentally is how long I've been on the night shift. I wonder if there is a connection? ;-)

10:50 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home